National manufacturing group are looking for an experienced Slitter Operator to set up, operate and tend machines, in order to cut, slit, bend, or straighten sheets of materials to required widths – ensuring quality, by examining various end-products and observing pre-defined tolerances
1. Ensure public safety and security - Implement the relevant procedures, strategies and use the proper equipment to promote regulatory requirements and activities for the protection of data, people, institutions, and property.
2. Ensure that the assembled products are conform to the specifications given.
3. Dispose of possibly hazardous waste material created in the cutting process, such as scrap and slugs, sort according to regulations, and ensure housekeeping is of high standards at all times
4. Pack different kinds of goods such as finished manufactured products or goods in use. Pack goods by hand in boxes, bags and other types of containers.
5. Maintain slitting machinery and equipment, to ensure that it is clean and in safe, working order. Perform routine maintenance on equipment and adjust when necessary, using hand and power tools.
6. Operate a machine to convert sheets of materials into strips of specified widths.
7. Check products for quality on the production line and remove defective items before and after packaging.
8. Supply the machine with the necessary tools and items for a particular production purpose.
9. Check the quality of basic materials used for the production of semi-finished and finished goods by assessing some of its characteristics and, if needed, select samples to be analysed.
a). Grade 12
b). 3+ years Slitter Operator experience essential
c). Able to read and understand Measuring equipment
d). Must have good verbal and written communication skills
e). Be computer literate
f). Be able to work within the respective shift system
g). Be able to work overtime when required
h). Be able to work independently and also be a team player when required
i). Have the following personal traits and qualities: quality conscious, pro active, reliable, punctual, responsible, loyal and dedicated to the company.
Basic Salary: R10,000 to R12,00 (neg – depending on previous experience) + Pension Package