Assistant Resident Civil Engineer (Cape Town)
.National consulting engineering firm specializing in civil, structural, mechanical, electrical engineering services, project management and environmental consulting are seeking Assistant Employer’s Agent Representative (Assistant Resident Civil Engineer) to assist the Employer’s Agent Representative (Resident Engineer) with quality assurance and inspection of the works. This is an eighteen-month fixed term position for a project located in Cape Town.
- Maintain a full-time presence on site;
- Provide construction oversight for design adherence and quality control and expediting of design clarifications;
- Review of contractors Quality Control Plans and Construction Method Statements;
- Handling of technical queries and dispute resolutions;
- Construction materials approvals;
- Keeping of detailed records of all construction related activities including inspection records, request for information, design changes, non-conformances, lab results etc;
- Independent checks of tests and surveys;
- Preparing Payment Valuation and measuring of quantities.
- Review of as-built information and updating of drawings;
- Attendance of all site meetings be it technical or contractual;
- Communicate frequently with Employer’s Agent / Engineer, contractor and clients;
- Assist with project safety and environmental compliance matters.
- General office and project related admin if required.
- National Diploma in Civil Engineering;
- 3 years’ post qualification experience on site in civil engineering construction;
- Ability to read / understand drawings and specifications;
- Understand construction methods and procedures;
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with project team;
- Recognize and relate cost impacts to modifications;
- Provide input for construction status, schedule, and project activities;
- Efficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, MS Projects;
- Efficiency in Bill will be advantageous;
- Good understanding of the SANS 1200 and General Conditions of Contract for Civil Works (GCC) 2015;
- Experience in the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) software, in particular BIM360, ACC Docs and ACC Build will be advantageous.
- Efficiency in AutoCAD will be advantageous.
- Must be an effective communicator (personal, phone, writing, email; etc);
- Market related salary based on qualifications and experience
- Group Life Insurance
- Medical Aid
- Provident Fund
Tuesday, 01 August 2023Closing Date
Saturday, 30 September 2023Contact
Ian MacFarlaneEmail Us