The purpose of this role is to achieve sales goals while creating an ongoing, mutually profitable relationship with Channel partners that significantly contributes to the achievement of the business goals of our client, the channel partners and the partner’s customer base.
1. Develop and manage revenue and partner plan for territory. Exceed quarterly quota-based compensation plan through the support of partners.
2. Identify target partners and market opportunities and develop channel coverage map of territory for the client product segment and develop an action plan to increase partner coverage.
3. Responsible for recruiting and on-boarding of new partners to ensure that territory coverage and sales goals are achieved.
4. Build and maintain relationships with key contacts within each partner – executive, sales, marketing, procurement, technical support (pre and post sales), and finance to manage relationships to maximize the client’s business through partners.
5. Leverage Inside Sales resources to assist in management of targeted partners and all partners in the territory.
6. Drive and track pipeline of sales opportunities and work with partners to accurately forecast quarterly territory sales by product and partner.
7. Promote or schedule and run trainings for partners in South Africa and regions with the client and ensure partners are trained and technically certified to standards of the client’s partner program.
8. Execute quarterly marketing tactical and demand generation activities to ensure results with targeted partners, the client, GM and Marketing.
9. Communicate regularly with partners on product launches, pricing changes and distribution processes. Update management on performance, roadblocks and needs.
1. Develop territory plan and coverage map for South Africa and regions to ensure that revenue goals are met and exceeded.
2. Co-develop annual/quarterly business plans with targeted partner/s and conduct quarterly business reviews. (P&L, BS and other financial and market data).
3. Review territory sales KPIs and financial performance per week, month and quarter. (Revenue, GP and sold units). Manage monthly forecasts for a 30/60/90/120-day period, and measure forecast by partner and product each month against actual supply/demand for accuracy.
4. Review territory supply & demand forecast and accuracy with partner procurement manager who owns overall supply/demand forecast data collection for overall channel.
5. Update Sales activity reports (call reports, visits, events, business plans, trainings, pipeline and forecast) by close of business each Friday.
1. Batchelors degree or equivalent sales experience / advanced degree in business management or advanced degree in sales & marketing (essential – non negotiable)
2. Minimum of 5 + years of prior experience; must have prior management experience in the Digital Technologies channel business (essential – non negotiable)
3. Proven ability to manage sales pipeline and accurately forecast product sales.
4. Excellent knowledge of market conditions, particularly within targeted segments.
5. Experience with forecasting and pipelines, and knowledge of CRM and ERP systems.
6. Experience with solution selling and business development.
7. Strong financial skills including experience understanding profit and loss and balance sheets and managing teams to do the same.
8. Strong ability to influence people and align remote teams to achieve agreed goals and objectives.
9. Able to resolve channel conflict issues.
10. Excellent time management skills and knowledge of long-range and operational planning techniques.
R80,000 To R120,000 (TCC) Negotiable