Professional Electrical Engineer (Port Elizabeth)
National consulting engineering firm specializing in civil, structural, mechanical, electrical engineering services, project management and environmental consulting are seeking a Professional Electrical Engineer for their office in Port Elizabeth
- Conducting scoping and condition assessments and reporting.
- Management of the planning, design, and construction projects from inception to completion for building services projects.
- Preparation of tender documents.
- Preparation of reports (Project Inception, Concept and Viability, Design, tender evaluation, progress, financial, close-out, etc).
- Day-to-day administration of projects.
- Taking responsibility for the design of electrical building services and urban and
rural reticulation and distribution.
- Administrate electrical engineering contracts as the Engineer in terms of the
- Provide construction oversight for quality control and expediting of design clarifications.
- Provide construction oversight for design adherence and quality control and
expediting of design clarifications.
- Handling of technical queries and resolutions and leading Site and Technical Meetings on site, including the taking of minutes.
- Review of contractors Quality Control Plans and Construction Method
- Preparing Payment Valuation and measuring of electrical and electronic installations.
- Communicate frequently with all professionals and clients.
- Handling of technical queries and dispute resolutions in conjunction with others.
- Assist with project safety and environmental matters during construction.
- General office and project related admin if required.
- B.Eng or B.Sc(Eng) degree in electrical engineering.
- Registration with the Engineering Council of South Africa as a Professional Engineer (PrEng).
(PrTech Eng will not qualify)
- At least four (4) year’s post professional registration with the Engineering Council of South Africa
- Experience in the design and managing of building services projects.
- Experience in municipal building service projects for electrical, electronic, solar photovoltaic systems and fire detection.
- Experience in urban and rural reticulation and distribution.
- Experience in Health, Education and Public Works projects.
- Efficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) software, in particular BIM360, ACC Docs, ACC Build and ACC Collaborate Pro will be advantageous.
- Efficient in Relux lighting design in required and Dialux will be advantageous.
- Efficient in Autocad is required and Revit MEP will be advantageous.
- Must be an effective communicator (personal, phone, writing, email; etc);
- Market related salary based on qualifications and experience
- Group Life Insurance
- Medical Aid
- Provident Fund
Tuesday, 01 August 2023Closing Date
Saturday, 30 September 2023Contact
Ian MacFarlaneEmail Us