Proposal Engineer (Durban)
Leading water treatment group are seeking a Mechanical or Chemical Engineering graduate would be required to prepare proposals for the design, build & operations of water treatment plant’s
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Analysing of request for quotation (RFQ) documents.
- Flowsheet development including process design calculation’s
- Tender design document preparation
- Tender proposal preparation.
- Cost estimation including the sourcing of quotations from suppliers & subcontractors
- Active team player engaging positively with other engineering & drafting disciplines in order to prepare proposals.
- Keen interest in the water sector, actively following new projects, competitors, technology suppliers, potential partners and business trends.
- Comfortable to fulfil business development roles as they arise, engaging with clients, do offer and bid clarification presentations, site visits, etc.
- To take interest and develop a general commercial and contractual knowledge over time for the preparation of bids. Upskill himself / herself with historic project and tender information and cost to develop a good understanding of budgets and forecast for tendering purposes.
- Assisting in the development and upkeep of tender databases for costing, proposals, client references, etc.
- Willingness to travel for client & site meetings.
- Good writing & communication skills.
- (Chemical) / BEng. (Chemical), or Bachelor of Technology in Chemical Engineering.
- 1 to 3 Years applicable experience preferably in the water treatment industry that involved some of the following aspects:
A). Process design of water treatment systems
B). Implementation - construction & commissioning
C). Proposal preparation with a clear and concise writing ability
D). Business Development
R20,000 to R25,000 CTC
Tuesday, 28 March 2023Closing Date
Sunday, 30 April 2023Contact
Ian MacFarlaneEmail Us